Monday, November 12, 2007

Diwali Festival 2007

My Karma feels better already...



Diya on the tower steps. I was so caught up shooting them that I didn't realize one had set me (well, my shoe lace) on fire. Zen-like states can be dangerous










Praying with water





















Diwali is the Hindu festival of light overcoming darkness. Diya (candles), food, flowers, and chanting were everywhere, and this was the first time I ever had to take my shoes off at the UT tower. Good times had by all.

1 comment:

John said...

Really Great Diya Pictures, Diya decoration on tower steps it is really nice looking. Diwali is really great festival of india. on this people meet each other and exchange gifts and celebrate this festival with great joy. People who are indian but not living in india they send diwali gifts to india to their near and dear one.